It’s a common misconception that grain is more difficult for newcomers, don’t believe it. We first started out with grain and had amazing results, so you will too. Rye grain spawn or substrate is an excellent choice because it supports countless number of species and many mushrooms love fruiting on it.
Filled with perfectly hydrated rye grain (and some coffee/gypsum), these MycoBags come completely sterile and ready for you to inoculate with a gourmet mushroom culture syringe.. The fitted self-healing injection port will keep you safe from contaminants. But, don’t worry – it can still breath through the HEPA filter at the top of the bag!
- 1200ml MycoBag of Organic Rye Grain Substrate with added Gypsum and Coffee
- HEPA-Filtered and Injectable MycoBag for ultimate contamination resistance
- XL Ultra Humid™ Breathable Grow Tent to fruit your mushrooms inside
- Premium Hygiene Kit includes sterile gloves, face mask, alcohol wipes and a hand wipe
- Perlite to maintain the perfect humidity level throughout the mushroom fruiting process
- Vermiculite to create the perfect surface micro-climate
How to use
Inject 2-3ml of gourmet spore or liquid culture solution into the black rubber port on the bag.
After full colonisation, cut the top off and place within your grow tent to begin fruiting mushrooms.. Easy.
You can click the ‘Instructions’ tab above to read the guide directly on this page or use the ‘Guides’ drop-down within our main navigation to view any product guide.
This grow kit is tailored for large flush sizes. If you want quicker results, check MycoPot grow kits instead.
Squeeze the MycoBag at around 50-60% colonisation to help speed up the growth by spreading the mycelium further afield.. but, just do it once or it may end up stalling!
Can take around 5-6 weeks to fully colonise in optimum conditions.
Does not come supplied with a gourmet spore or culture syringe.
Some wood-loving species like Shiitake may fruit on this substrate.
If you live outside of the United Kingdom, email first for a shipping quote.
Product is made fresh to order – Please check our dispatch schedule here.
Only for use in cultivating species which are legal to grow – research the law.