- Slide both MycoJars out of the bags, discard foil
- Inject 2-3ml of a gourmet spore / culture syringe into each jar (around the glass sides is best)
- Shake the MycoJars to distribute the solution throughout the rye grain
- Leave MycoJars alone in a warm place to fully colonise (Place back into bags to keep the jars clean)
- Follow the rest of the guide until harvest
The white filters on the lids will stop dust and mould spores entering and allow clean air exchange.
NEVER open the MycoJars before full colonisation of mycelium or the kit will be ruined with contamination.
Click the ‘Instructions’ tab above to read our detailed guide
Includes photos of how to use the Bulkmix – it’s easy!
- 2 x 1000ml MycoJars of Coffee-enhanced Organic Rye Grain Substrate and Gypsum (2/3rds filled for shaking)
- Polyfil-Filtered and Inject-Thru™ lid system for ultimate contamination resistance
- XL Ultra Grow Tent to fruit your mushrooms inside (32x49cm)
- 1 litre Bulkmix recipe of coir and vermiculite within a heat-sealed bag
- Hygiene Kit includes surgical gloves, alcohol wipes and hand wipe
- Online Guide
- Gourmet Spore or Culture Syringe
If you cannot use your grow kit right away, we would advise that you store it in a (clean) fridge for a maximum of 2 weeks.
If you can’t store it in a fridge, don’t leave it for any longer than 1 week.
The longer you leave it, the more moisture will be lost from the substrate and if too much moisture is lost, colonisation will just not happen.
Always inoculate your grow kits as soon as you possibly can!
- This grow kit is tailored for all experience levels, for our biggest results yet!
- MycoJars can take anywhere up to 6 weeks to fully colonise at optimum temperatures (shake at 70%)
- Packaging may contain a small build up of water – the distilled water is sterile and nothing to worry about.
- Does not come supplied with a gourmet spore or culture syringe.
- Wood-loving species may not fruit on this substrate.
All grow kit products are for UK customers only at this time, sorry.
Product is made fresh to order – Please check our dispatch schedule here.
Only for use in cultivating species which are legal to grow – research the law.