Choose one of the following:
Three PP5 280ml wide-mouth pots made of polypropylene (won’t melt) with air-filtration built-in to lid
Three Kerr™ half-pint wide-mouth glass jars for the purists who want to follow the classic ‘PF-Tek’ way
- Simply pour the bag of dry ingredients into a large bowl, slowly adding 250ml of tepid water whilst thoroughly mixing with a wooden spoon.
- This fluffy PF-Tek mixture is then filled into each of the three jars, whilst gently patting down the mix at three intervals (one third of the way up, two thirds of the way up and for the last third of the way up the jar).
- Leave a gap at the top of around an inch or less, then fill to the top with vermiculite before fitting the lid.
We offer a choice of 1 large humidity tent which will fit all three colonised cakes or 3 smaller humidity tents which will fit each cake individually.
- 3 x Glass Jars or HEPA-Filtered Pots depending on your choice
- 1 x Bag of Organic Brown Rice Flour, Gypsum and Vermiculite for three jars or pots
- 1 or 3 HEPA-Filtered Humidity Tent(s) depending on your choice
- Hygiene Kit includes sterile gloves, face mask, alcohol wipes, hand wipes
- Perlite to create high humidity in each
- Vermiculite for the contamination barrier layer plus extra for the different grow methods included in our guide
Plastic pot lids will need 2-4 holes for the syringe needle (melt with a hot pin)
Glass jar lids will need 2-4 holes for the syringe needle (hammer a thin-guaged nail)
Instructions for sterilisation are not included – use your favourite video streaming site to search ‘PF-Tek’
Can take around 5 weeks to fully colonise in optimum conditions.
Does not come supplied with a spore or culture syringe.
Wood-loving species like Shiitake will not fruit on this substrate type.
If you live outside of the United Kingdom, email first for a shipping quote.
Please check our dispatch schedule here.
Only for use in cultivating species which are legal to grow – research the law.