DIY PF-Tek pre-mix of brown rice flour, gypsum and vermiculite.
3 x half-pint wide-mouth Pots made of polypropylene (won’t melt) with air-filtration built-in to lid
3 x half-pint wide-mouth glass Jars for the purists who want to follow the classic ‘PF-Tek’ way
- Simply pour the bag of dry ingredients into a large bowl, slowly adding 250ml of tepid water whilst thoroughly mixing with a wooden spoon.
- This fluffy PF-Tek mixture is then filled into each of the three jars, whilst gently patting down the mix at three intervals (one third of the way up, two thirds of the way up and for the last third of the way up the jar).
- Leave a gap at the top of around an inch or less, then fill to the top with vermiculite before fitting the lid.
We offer a choice of 1 large humidity tent which will fit all of your colonised cakes inside, or 3 smaller humidity tents which will fit your colonised cakes individually inside.
Having all of your cakes inside the same larger tent has the benefit of only having to open and mist inside one tent, whereas the benefit of the three individual humidity tents is your cakes would have slightly more room.
- 3 x Glass Jars or HEPA-Filtered Pots depending on your choice
- 1 x Bag of Organic Brown Rice Flour, Gypsum and Vermiculite for three jars or pots
- 1 or 3 HEPA-Filtered Humidity Tent(s) depending on your choice
- Hygiene Kit includes sterile gloves, face mask, alcohol wipes, hand wipes
- Perlite to create high humidity in each
- Vermiculite for the contamination barrier layer plus extra for the different grow methods included in our guide
Plastic pot lids will need 2-4 holes for the syringe needle (melt with a hot pin)
Glass jar lids will need 2-4 holes for the syringe needle (hammer a thin-guaged nail)
Instructions for sterilisation are not included – use your favourite video streaming site to search ‘PF-Tek’
Can take around 5 weeks to fully colonise in optimum conditions.
Does not come supplied with a spore or culture syringe.
Wood-loving species like Shiitake will not fruit on this substrate type.
Grow kits are currently only available for customers in the United Kingdom.
Product is made fresh to order – Please allow for a 1-3 day dispatch time.
Only for use in cultivating species which are legal to grow – research the law.