Our proudest and most popular grow kits just got another upgrade.
June, 2020 – Now introducing SteriBag™
Filled with perfectly hydrated Rye Grain, Coir, Coffee and Gypsum, this grow kit is capable of very impressive flush sizes and will deliver 3+ harvests if you show it extra love.
Failsafe inoculation method:
- Give the SteriBag™ a quick clean with the included wipe
- Cut the bag along its shortest side
- Slide the MycoBag out to reveal the coloured tape
- Pull the tape half-way off
- Use 2-3ml of a gourmet spore / culture syringe
- Stick the tape back down to seal the hole you created
- Discard SteriBag™ and leave the MycoBag alone in a warm place to fully colonise
- Follow the rest of the guide until harvest
Don’t worry about airflow – the white filters will filter out dust and mould spores from the air and allow it to breathe.
And NEVER, EVER open the MycoBag before FULL colonisation or you will ruin the kit.
- 1200ml MycoBag of Organic Rye Grain Substrate with added Coir, Gypsum and Coffee
- HEPA-Filtered and unique injection system for this type of high end substrate bag for ultimate contamination resistance
- XL Ultra Humid Breathable Grow Tent to fruit your mushrooms inside
- Grow Tent Dimensions L32 x H49 (cm)
- Hygiene Kit includes surgical gloves, alcohol wipe and hand wipe
- 2L / 2000ml Perlite to maintain the perfect humidity level throughout the mushroom fruiting process
- Vermiculite to create the perfect surface micro-climate
- Online Guide
- Gourmet Spore or Culture Syringe
How to use
Inject 2-3ml of gourmet spore or culture solution deep into the main substrate by parting a little of the tape
After full colonisation, cut away top of bag and place within your the grow tent to begin fruiting.
Read our full instructional guide
You can click the ‘Instructions’ tab above to read the guide directly on this page or use the ‘Guides’ drop-down within our main navigation to view any of our product guides.
- This grow kit is tailored for large flush sizes compared with our MycoPots kit. The advantage here is that the bag can be squeezed to disperse spores further around the bag after inoculation.
- SteriBag™ may ontain a small build up of water due to high pressure steam penetration – the water inside is sterile and nothing to worry about.
After removing the MycoBag from the SteriBag, any excess water will soon evaporate.
- Typically takes around 4-5 weeks to fully colonise in optimal conditions (incubator set to 26℃). Exact times are impossible to say, as it’s dependant on genetics. A gourmet multispore syringe can have tens of thousands / millions of different genetics, so it can be pot luck which traits you will get. Whereas a gourmet culture syringe has predictable and pre-determined genetics.
- Some wood-loving species like Shiitake fruit on this substrate.
All grow kit products are for UK customers only.
Product is made fresh to order – Please check our dispatch schedule here.
Only for use in cultivating species which are legal to grow – research the law.