- Give the bag a quick clean with the included wipe
- Slide the first MycoPot out to reveal the first two injection ports
- Inject 0.5ml-1ml of a gourmet spore / culture syringe deep into each of the ports
- Repeat with with the remaining injection ports in all MycoPots
- Discard bag and leave the MycoPots alone in a warm place to fully colonise
- Follow the rest of the guide until harvest
The white HEPA filters on the lids will filter dust and mould spores and allow clean air exchange. Don’t try to remove these!
NEVER open the MycoPots before full colonisation of mycelium or the kit will be ruined with contamination.
Click the ‘Instructions’ tab above to read our detailed guide
- 3X 280ml MycoPots of Organic Rye Grain Substrate with added Coir, Gypsum and Coffee
- HEPA-Filtered and injection port lid system for ultimate contamination resistance
- XL Ultra Humid Breathable Grow Tent to fruit your mushrooms inside
- Grow Tent Dimensions L32 x H49 (cm)
- Hygiene Kit includes surgical gloves, alcohol wipe and hand wipe
- 2L / 2000ml Perlite to maintain the perfect humidity level throughout the mushroom fruiting process
- Online Guide
- Gourmet Spore or Culture Syringe
If you cannot use your grow kit right away, we would advise that you store it in a (clean) fridge for a maximum of 2 weeks.
If you can’t store it in a fridge, don’t leave it for any longer than 1 week.
The longer you leave it, the more moisture will be lost from the substrate and if too much moisture is lost, colonisation will just not happen.
Always inoculate your grow kits as soon as you possibly can!
- This grow kit is tailored for small to medium flush sizes compared with our MycoBox kits. The advantages here are speed and flexibility, as using the same gourmet multispore syringe could wind up creating mushrooms with different traits in each MycoPot – something many may like the sound of. It also further increases the odds of a successful first grow as you aren’t putting all your eggs in one basket – you essentially get 3 grow kits!
- The bag the MycoPots arrive in may contain a small build up of water due to high pressure steam penetration – the distilled water is sterile and nothing to worry about.
- If you want larger flush sizes and harvest, go for any of our MycoBox Grow Kits.
- Typically takes around 3-5 weeks to fully colonise in optimal conditions (incubator set to 26℃). Exact times are impossible to say, as it’s dependant on genetics.
- A gourmet multispore syringe can have tens of thousands / millions of different genetics, so it can be pot luck which traits you will get. Whereas a gourmet culture syringe is predictable and pre-determined.
- Some wood-loving species like Shiitake fruit on this substrate.
All grow kit products are for UK customers only at this time, sorry.
Product is made fresh to order – Please check our dispatch schedule here.
Only for use in cultivating species which are legal to grow – research the law.